lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: your new DOS version of Lynx 2.7

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: your new DOS version of Lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 09:59:02 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Doug Lee wrote:

> You asked if you should release a plain port of 2.7 or incorporate
> Fote's bugfixes.  I am not familiar with these, but thre is one thing I
> think would be extremely helpful to include:  SSL support.  As I
> understand it, this would permit secure transactions from within Lynx,
> which would make your version of Lynx, as far as I know, the only DOS
> program currently capable of these.

I don't know anything about the SSL support.  All I know is that it is a
hot potato for any U.S. person to offer outright.  I wouldn't mind seeing
it added someday though.

Here is where I am now:

Executable versions of Lynx2.7 + FM bugfixes are available for 386+
(DJGPP) and Win32 at http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/.  Read the
readme.  The DJGPP version was based on DJ's original semi-port with some
improvements in file:// support and screen management.

The source for above will be released as soon as I test-compile it on my
Linux box for porting errors.  I am going to take a little break for a
couple days and rest my brain after that.  Running multiple compilers
(sometimes three at a time) has overloaded my brain.  I feel bad for my
poor little computers too :-)

I also have Bobcat 0.2 out in exe and src now for you low end computer
users.  CGA is still not working :-( but TCP is much improved.
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/bobcat.htm

Wayne

;
;