lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: lynx help search

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx help search
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:06:05 -0700

After writing my prior reply to Larry, I went ahead and created a search index
for the Lynx files on SLCC. You can access it by going to:

   http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynx_search.html

It will search for anything within the Lynx files on SLCC. This means the
lynx directory on our web site which contains the lynx faq stuff, Fote's 2.7
stuff, etc., and also the lynx2-5, lynx2-6 and lynx2-7 directories which
contain the doc, help, anounce, test, and other files from the coresponding
lynx releases.

In addition to searching the SLCC info, you can select to search the Internet
too. This basically does an Excite web search. I tried both on a few items and
it seemed to return relavant info for both local and internet searches.

The local search should let you look up items in the code too. For example, I
searched for LYLeaks and it brought up several pages, the first of which was
the LYLeaks.h source.

If you find this search service usefull, please let me know.

Thanks

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,