lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV text/html; q=0.000

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV text/html; q=0.000
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 22:43:13 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> >Nope, the system exhibiting the problem is HP-UX 10.01.  The HP-UX 9.0x
> >systems don't seem to exhibit the problem.  [...]
>
>       Are you using the snake3 target?  That has a -Ae switch for
> the src compilations, but not for the implementation compilations.
> I have no idea what A is.  Seems like e should be used for both or
> neither.

No, I use the snake2 targets normally.  I have another comment about the
snake2 and snake targets which I will make seperately...

It's possible that the installed version of lynx was built with the snake3
target, but I'm not sure since I haven't talked to the person who built
it.

>       There's not much time left, so if you figure it out and solve
> the problem before tomorrow morning, post an utterly clear, context
> diff (diff -c) patch.

Unfortunately, I didn't even READ this message until the 16th.  In the
past week, I've had tests in 4 classes (the 5th is a PE class...).  I'm
just getting time to reply (even though I have a program due in an hour
and a half which isn't yet finished... ;) ).  I'm going to try the 2.7
code sometime soon with the various snake targets and on the various OS
versions here to see if I can duplicate it or if it was just a glitch in
2.6.