lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Change in UPLOADER behaviour
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:28:53 -0600 (CST)

Just a remark about DOWNLOAD behaviour (I am not using UPLOADERs):

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> Thanks, Fote, that patch did make it work better.  There's still an
> interesting difference between the downloader menu and uploader menu.  When
> I'm done with a download, it stays on the downloader menu page, and I press
> left-arrow to get back.  When I'm done with an upload, it automatically goes
> back to the file maint screen.  I can't think of too many times where right
> after a download, I'd want to do another download without selecting
> something different anyway,

I can, and I do use that behaviour of download.  For example, I have
DOWNLOADER entries to look at a file with less and zless, and sometimes
use that to peek at what has been downloaded before I decide if and where
to store the file (or whatever else to do).

> but I can see wanting to do several uploads in
> succession, so these two behaviours would seem to make more sense if they
> were swapped.

IMO the download behaviour should stay as it is, in this respect.
(I know you were not arguing for a change of that.)

  Klaus

;
;