lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV redirection of POST content

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV redirection of POST content
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:49:14 -0500 (EST)

Laura Eaves <address@hidden> wrote:
>I just ran into this problem on another page:
>       http://www.ledet.com/mailform.html
>When I submit the form I get "Redirection of POST content, ..."
>When I select G (use G)ET) it seems to work ok.
>Lynx doesn't complain about the html.
>Webtechs gives a few errors but doesn't complain about the FORM.
>
>Is the the same problem that occurred in http://www.triprod.com/euord.htm?
>(I.e., would it have the same cause?)
>If so what should I suggest to ledet's webmaster?

        Subir's detailed explanation of that is:

   Linkname: Why Does Lynx do that?

It includes a link to a lynx-dev message which cites and explains
the relevant section of the HTTP specifications, and the options
CGI authors have for doing it properly, but still backward
compatible for old browsers, and for the one(s) which disregard
IETF standards.

        Perhaps people should send WebMasters that link when they
encounter misuse of POST redirection on the Web.

                                Fote