lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV I don't think this ia a bug

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV I don't think this ia a bug
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:46:31 -0500 (EST)

> From: Mark Nielsen <address@hidden>
>
> I was trying to compile lynx with the color package defined as
> linux-slang -- for linux with color slang package
>
> It gives me an error saying it cannot find an slang file.
> This is probably because I don't have the color slang package.
>
> It would be nice if it would detect this ahead of time
> to tell you that you don't have the right package, and possibly
> even tell you how to get it.
>
> Anyways, I am going to compile it with just the standard options.

You can get slang at
        ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang
It's easy to build and install.  Just type
        ./configure
        make
(You may need to edit path names in the makefile if you don't want to
install in standard places.)

lynx.cfg still doesn't specify what the integers mean in color options.
Here again is what I managed to grep out the code:
# 0 = normal
# 1 = bold
# 2 = reverse (status line)
# 3 = bold reverse