lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:24:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Perhaps the Lynx User Community should figure out who or what
> group of people aren't too busy doing other things, so that recommendations
> and/or patches posted here aren't just falling into a black hole (but
> that just a recommendation 8-).
>
>                               Fote

I would like to be a little more active in the Lynx development area...at
least to fix up the file handling in the Win95 port a bit and hopefully
make the lookups and connects non-blocking.  Maybe once the current issues
are worked out I could be helping in more general areas.

When I am able to do any programming for fun, I am at home on a Windoze
machine.  It is *not* a good place to integrate patches.  In fact, to
generate my patch I went throught a couple different hoops and did the
diff from a Linux box.  I just don't have the environment to be the center
hub for Lynx distribution.

Does anyone have the resources/environment AND the time to be the focal
point of Lynx development?  How about somebody with some net-space that is
real good with diff and patch?  I'd even help take the blame for some of
the decisions if you didn't want to be a scapegoat.

Wayne.

;
;