lynx-dev

RE: LYNX-DEV Newbie(installing)

From: McMillan, Rich
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV Newbie(installing)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:15:20 -0700

If you haven't already, you need to uncompress the zipped file, using
the "uncompress" command.  Then, assuming that you downloaded the file
in its "tar" format, you need to issue the command "tar -xvf [filename]
where filename is the uncompressed version (usually lynx2-6_tar).  When
you do this, all files will be placed in a directory called lynx2-6 that
will be a subordinate directory from the directory where the tarred file
is located.  Point being, if you want the lynx2-6 directory to be in
root filesystem, put the tarred file in root and untar it from there.

Once the files are expanded, you will need to do a "make" to compile
lynx.  You will need to issue the make command with the proper argument
for the version of HPUX you are running (9.x, 10.x, etc.).  The HPUX
arguments are "snake".  There will be a  makefile located in the lynx2-6
directory.  Open that file and search for "snake", choose the correct
argument and then issue the "make [arg]" at the command line.

You may or may not experience compile probelms, depending upon system
configurations, but at least this will get you started.

Be very afraid ........

;
;