lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV One post, many things.

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV One post, many things.
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 20:13:54 -0500 (EST)

Sun, 02 Feb 1997 12:40:03 -0800 (PST) wrote:
>[...]
>In preparation for the impending release of Lynx 2.7, I'd like to get some
>feedback on how we should be co-ordinating the distribution of binaries.
>I would be more than glad to recieve Lynx 2.7 binaries and put them up
>here at <URL:http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/bin/>.  I will of course also
>be putting together a distribution of the 2.7 documents as well (so people
>using the binaries supplied would download two files, the binary itself
>and the docs for 2.7). However, I'd like to know who would be contributing
>binaries and which sites will be mirroring the 2.7 LYBIDO.

        I don't want to leave you high and dry, Subir, but we can't
stick our head in the sand about what has happened this week.  My
simple offer to "officialize" the FM code set as a v2.7 so that people
at sites which require some kind of "officialness" could benefit from
the bug fixes and enhancements of the past four months has escalated
far beyond anything I offered, and no mechanism is in place for putting
out a v2.7 release in that manner.   To use Al's own words, unless
people "get real" about the current situation for Lynx development,
there's no point talking about binaries.  First figure out how/if
these expectations can be met, at all.

                                Fote