lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV has anyone investigated enhancements to lynx's newspost cod

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV has anyone investigated enhancements to lynx's newspost code?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:04:33 GMT

[Jim Spath]
> The file "/etc/organization" normally doesn't exist, but if you have
> privileges you can create it.  With sources, you can change the
> reference to your own file. It's sort of like a .sig.

The first place to check should be the ORGANIZATION environment
variable; this, I believe, is standard to UNIX news readers.

To prove I'm not a slacker:

    /* add Organization: */
    char * org;

    strcpy(org,getenv("ORGANIZATION"));

    if(!(org[0] == '\0')) {
        fprintf(fd, "Organization: %s", org);
    }
    else { FILE *fp;
      if (fp = fopen("/etc/organization", "r")) {
         if (fgets(user_input, sizeof(user_input), fp) != NULL)
        fprintf(fd, "Organization: %s", user_input);
         fclose(fp);
      }
    }

Now, whether you actually want to *use* my code is something else
altogether...

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA