lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV The Atlantic

From: Andrew Kuchling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV The Atlantic
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:39:57 -0500 (EST)

Before we start arranging a lynch mob for the Atlantic's Webmaster,
has anyone else actually looked at the site?  It's actually quite
Lynx-accessible; alternatives to image maps are there, IMG tags have
ALT attributes, the Web chat looks Lynx-accessible, and overall the
site looks quite nice in Lynx.  The occasional article is centered and
not left-justified due to the above-mentioned HTML bugs, but I think
that's trivial in comparision; I read the Globe & Mail's Web site for
months with centered text and thought nothing of it.

        My intention was to correct the Webmaster's statement that the
HTML was not bad; that's not a matter of opinion, but an
objectively-demonstrable fact.  The snippy tone of his response isn't
very defensible, but I'm willing to overlook that.  Please stay
polite, people, and don't overreact to this.

        Andrew Kuchling
        address@hidden
        http://people.magnet.com/%7Eamk/
Save the Gutenberg Project! http://www.promo.net/pg/nl/pgny_nov96.html