lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? In multiple-bookmark support

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? In multiple-bookmark support
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 00:01:13 -0500 (EST)

Morat the Black wrote:

>       When starting lynx with the URL of one of my bookmark pages, or
> otherwise accessing a bookmark file without using the (v)iew command, Lynx
> seems unaware that it's looking at my bookmarks. I'm unable to (r)emove
> links.

A similar thing happens here. My STARTFILE is my main bookmarks file (I have
two bookmarks files) and I can't remove links from it if I only stay on it.
To make it to be recognized as a bookmarks file I have to go to the second
bookmarks file and then go back to the main bookmarks file with the "v"
command. Then Lynx recognizes it as a book marks file but displays that
annoying header.

> Also, any links I (a)dd do not appear unless I quit-and-restart lynx, or
> explicitly reload my bookmark page, even when using (v) to access it (I
> assume the latter is because the cage has gone through the "standard"
> caching mechanism.)

The same happens here. I have to reload the bookmarks file to have the links
I added displayed.

Ismael