lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Redirect POST content and getting the word across.

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Redirect POST content and getting the word across.
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:58:54 -0800 (PST)

Since I'm always defending Lynx's commitment to standards, I threw up a
page tonight that I'm calling "Why does Lynx do that?" which will contain
short notes on Lynx behaviour that conforms to the specs, but is
considered aberrant because other clients don't.  It currently has notes
on the POST redirection issues and the probblems with a lot of forms out
there.  I intend to add a note on Lynx's cookies handling later today.
It's a draft document at:

        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/why.html

address@hidden  +  Lynx 2.6  +  PGP  +  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Scott's second Law:
        When an error has been detected and corrected, it will be found
        to have been wrong in the first place.
Corollary:
        After the correction has been found in error, it will be
        impossible to fit the original quantity back into the
        equation.

;
;