lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, slang, & term size

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, slang, & term size
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:32:02 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (David Ellement) wrote:

>> I simply "stty cols=60" and it works fine.
>
>Thanks for the hint, but it doesn't help here.  Before running lynx, they
>are set correctly; whether or not I run 'stty cols 80 rows 40', lynx only
>uses 24 line.  When I get out of lynx, it has reset the term size to
>80x24; I have to run 'resize' to get thing right again.
>
>Only lynx with slang does this; I've compiled both mutt and slrn with the
>same slang library, and they use the full term size, whatever it may be.
>(Lynx with curses behaves correctly).

        It shouldn't be behaving that way.  The code for getting
the screen columns and rows at startup is in start_curses() called
from setup(), both in src/LYCurses.c.  For slang, it's using that
library's SLtt_get_terminfo() function.  That should have set
slang's SLtt_Screen_Rows, to which LINES is defined in LYCurses.h,
and slang's SLtt_Screen_Cols, to which COLS is defined.  Lynx in turn
sets it LYlines and LYcols to LINES and COLS.  The LYlines and Lycols
values are updated in conjunction with each new page display via
size_change() in src/LYUtils.c.  Whatever is going wrong on HP-UX 9.05,
and on whatever system Thanh is using, must be happening in those
functions, if not in the slang library itself.  If it's a problem in
Lynx, the best bet is size_change().

                                Fote