lynx-dev

Re: Autoconf (Was: LYNX-DEV Getting Problem in lynx2-6)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: Autoconf (Was: LYNX-DEV Getting Problem in lynx2-6)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 10:06:12 -0500 (EST)

> However, perhaps a team effort here with coders who knew more than one
> platform could go for this.  I've worked in SVR3 and BSD, so I'm willing
> to help.  The benefits of this are easier installations by novices,
> possible support of more platforms, compatibility with future systems,
> etc.
I've worked on more than one autoconf script, and probably could squeeze in
some time for this.  I did see an earlier attempt for making an configure
script for lynx, but it wasn't adequate.

The hard part (from my point of view) is finding people willing to test
all of those configurations.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden