lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV What will lynx have to support next? Sheez

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV What will lynx have to support next? Sheez
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 06:26:58 -0800

> From address@hidden Thu Jan 23 02:21:53 1997
> From: Rob Partington <address@hidden>
>
> Filip M Gieszczykiewicz wrote:
> >
> > H.E.I. releases heitml (extended interactive HTML) version 1.0.
> >
> > heitml (pronounced "Hi"-TML) is a server side extension of HTML.
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I think that's a clue.  ;-)  Sounds like PHP/FI to me - that uses
> programming constructs embedded like <? stuff> which the server
> interprets as the page is served.  As an aside, PHP/FI works fine
> with Lynx...  ;-)

Maybe PHP/FI works fine with Lynx, but I sure couldn't get to
the "fantastic" "interactive guestbook -- nothing like you've
ever seen before".

Each time I clicked on it (typed in the link NUMBER), it cycled
back to the page I was already on (or something like that) --
never did get to the guestbook.   I sent him email asking if
guestbook was supposed to work on Lynx.

Try it: www.h-e-i.de/heitml

;
;