lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Strange Problem With Lynx 2.6

From: Phil Helms
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Strange Problem With Lynx 2.6
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 09:30:03 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I use the non-graphical connection to two local internet service
> providers, both of whom use Lynx.  They have both recently updated to Lynx
> 2.6.  In previous versions, the system cursor would appear at or near the
> top of each page of text right next to the high lighted link.  In version
> 2.6, (as it is configured on the two systems I am using) the system cursor
> is forced to the bottom right of the screen.

If you have the ability to specify the lynx command line, you can add the
switch "-show_cursor" (without the quotes, of course), and that should do
what you want.

If you can't specify the command, but the provider does it for you, you
might request that they include the switch themselves.

(It might be nice to have this on the o)ptions page.  It isn't now.)

 --
 Phil Helms                                  Internet: address@hidden
 Community College Computer Services                    Phone: 303/595-1524