lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Connecting DJGPP Lynx to the Net
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 09:35:38 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:
> Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)  <address@hidden> wrote:
> >The 3c503 is a packet driver from the crywr collection we've used for
> >years with MS-Kermit over our LAN.
> Thank you for your reply.  This is not an Ethernet card, but an IBM
> Token-Ring Adaptor.  For NCSA telnet, I access it with ibmtoken 0x61
> For most other internet applications, including Netscape and Minuet, I
> use software from FTP Software, called IBMTR.
> In Wattcp, should the domain-name server be different from the
> gateway?  Can they be the same?

I know my setup is different, and I'm not familiar with Token Ring
architecure, but theoretically this may work...

At our site, the gateway address is the local segment router address
(XXX.YYY.11.1), while the nameserver address is the address of the host
that runs name services (XXX.YYY.11.94).  If my box that runs named was
acting as the gateway, then yes they would be the same address.

I'm not at work, so I can't transcribe the rest of my wattcp.cfg till
Tuesday.  Sorry for not sending that along with the software calls :-(

-----

WdUS{+X2e6mt${6._[/<C5~mEVeY5J1,6>U%N~y"Br4L6Lm%S0XI8RRTs"'address@hidden@address@hidden'"
 cKd3Acq&}J;,FhT"6d1[H=*<;o2?Z_RK&He4+Td%v3:47/5;A>0mBqsG-KB8l:\43FGDe;U
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"

;
;