lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Cookie patch: second cut

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Cookie patch: second cut
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 09:08:40 -0800

> From address@hidden Tue Jan 14 16:24:08 1997
> From: Andrew Kuchling <address@hidden>
>
> The second version of my cookie patch is now available from
> <http://www.magnet.com/~amk/lynx/>, against the January 13 snapshot of
> Lynx 2-6FM; the brave may wish to try it out.  This revision stores
> cookies in a list-of-lists structure instead of one big linked list,
> and the cookie jar is slightly more functional.  Hitting Control-K now
<snip>

This NEWER version of your cookie patch -- newer than your
email saying that your THEN version did NOT work
on my.yahoo.com -- does THIS version work there?  (I cannot so easily
test myself, being merely a shell-acct USER on netcom.com).

Anyway, if it DOES, any chance of getting Fote et all adding it to
their soon-to-be-tested soon-beta composite version?

Again, from YOUR testing of the yahoo site, just what do your think
IS missing and thus needed so lynx can access it?

Other people I guess have option of using netscrape, etc, -- I don't -- is
not so simple for non-guru to get solaris/sparcstation to do ppp or
whatever -- besides, I actually PREFER not having that, but having
super-fast net connection from internet TO netcom, where I can egrep,
gzip, and only LATER download to MY computer...  So for me it is
lynx or nothing.  (Thank god for lynx; thank god for Fote; thank god
for all the super-genius volunteers writing code along with him (or Him?)
)

;
;