lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Is it possible to use lynx with 'local cgi-bins' ?

From: root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is it possible to use lynx with 'local cgi-bins' ?
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:58:30 -0500 (EST)

Paul Wouters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a simple configuration program and I wanted to
> use lynx for that if possible, because it will be a lot easier to
> update some html, then it is to update a bunch of C code.
> On our servers we happily use the php cgi-bin for scripting. Is it
> possible to use lynx and call a 'local' cgi-bin? I guess in a way it
> is similar to local files, except that it will have to do a few
> environment settings which are normally done by the webserver.
>
> Is there a way to use lynx and pass data onto another script/cgi-bin?
>
> Paul
>
> ps. Please cc: me if you respond. I am not on the list.

Absloutly, simply give the URL lynxcgi:<path to cgi> note that in many
cases, cgi's will act screwy if "cgi-bin" is not in their path.  I don't
know why this is.

For more info, view the URL types help file ('h' within lynx).  (Note that
local CGIs can have restrictions on the accaptible pathspecs, or be disabled
entirely for security.)

 -- James Mastros

___
The only real way to look younger is not to be borne so soon.
  --- Charles Schulz
;
;