lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.html" crash problem..

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More on my "lynx ~/lynx_bookmarks.html" crash problem..
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 19:34:20 -0500 (EST)

Hynek Med <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>I works nice for me on SunOS 4.1.4 (gcc 2.7.2), but, it crashes on OSF 1
>(OSF1 V3.2), compiled with plain "make osf", just like it crashed on
>Linux. This is funny, because it worked on OSF for Fote..
>[...]

        I reproduced and then fixed the problem on an osf box.  There was
nothing technically wrong with the code.  It was just too complicated
for the compiler.  If should be simple enough for any linux compiler, too,
now.

        I don't know what to make of that "gunzip" report.  There's no
such string in any Lynx header, C module, or configuration file, so I
don't know where it might be coming from.  Anyway, whoever has that
problem should try a clean make with tonight's FM code, and if that
string is being edited in somewhere, check the editing carefully.

                                Fote