lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SCO binary where to download?

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SCO binary where to download?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:54:33 -0800

Bela Lubkin writes:
> Jim Spath wrote:

> > > Try ftp.sco.com:/TLS/tls045.tar.Z
> > > Maybe not the latest.
> >
> > Definitely not the latest.  That's Bela Lubkin's build from July 1996, a
> > "version"  of Lynx-2-5FM.  Can anyone provide a 2-6 binary or later for
> > SCO?  I'd be much obliged, as well.
>
> I haven't been following this list for a couple of months.  Is there a
> generally accepted "good" post-2.6 distribution right now?  I can build
> binaries of the 2.6 "release" version, but there have been so many
> "recommended" patches since then, I'm not sure if that would be a good
> thing.

Well, that's pretty much what I did for the DG/UX contributed one.  I'm
afraid I'm too busy to evaluate each patch right now, and put the "good"
ones in, so I just went with the stock release (well, with one mod so
it'll display with 32bit curses).

Of course, if somebody wants to say "/this/ <url provided> is better", then
I'll definately grab, compile, and ship that one off to Subir.

--
 address@hidden                    | To err is human; to really
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems    | bugger things up requires

 print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"address@hidden");
         "Whoa! Could you repeat that in plain DOS?" -- Bob
                 PGP key available from keyservers.