lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: wash'n post text/html problems

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: wash'n post text/html problems
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 14:18:25 -0500 (EST)

i've just checked out wp, using
 www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/m-frontpage.html
which gets the main stories of the day.  from there there's a link
to the A Section  -/-/-/m-frontsect.html , which works ok.
the url you give below (with numbers) is "not found";
there's no straightforward way of looking at stories from earlier days.

however, i also found that their Search Page is broken somehow:
using their link from their Home Page
 -/-/-/searches/mainsrch.htm  leads to delays &/or "bad HTML" messages:
using backslash the source has a lot of image stuff, which may well be
incorrectly written.

i've sent a firm, but i hope polite, comment to their e-address
informing them of these facts & asking them to make their site
fully text-friendly:  address@hidden .

Washington Post is an excellent newspaper -- don't miss today's story
on the Canadian anti-Cuba-boycott boycott ... ;-)  -- & hopefully
other Lynx-devers will examine the problem & bring polite pressure to bear.
please feel free to send more info re the problem to me &/or lynx-dev:
there are subscribers who are far more expert than me.

;