lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Line breaks

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: LYNX-DEV Line breaks
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1996 15:52:02 +0100 (MET)

Foteos Macrides wrote:
> 12-14-96
> * Added a COLLAPSE_BR_TAGS compilation and configuration symbol for
>   determinining whether Lynx collapses serial BR tags.  Note that the
>   valid way to create extra blank lines in HTML is with PRE blocks that
>   contain only newlines. - FM

Hmm...
Expired HTML 3.0 draft says:

Line breaks within the text are rendered as a move to the beginning of the
next line. The exceptions are line breaks immediately following the
starting PRE tag or immediately preceding the ending PRE tag, which should
be ignored.

RFC 1866 doesn't say anything about this. I didn't look at Wilbur specs.
I'm currently using

<pre>
&nbsp;
&nbsp;