lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV UnixWare-Slang Compiling Errors!

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: LYNX-DEV UnixWare-Slang Compiling Errors!
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 02:32:22 -0500 (EST)

After getting some help from Nelson, we were unable to figure out why I'm
getting the following errors when compiling Lynx with Slang:

make unixware-slang
        cd WWW/Library/svr4; make LYFLAGS="-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE \
                 -DLONG_LIST  "
UX:make: INFO: `../../Library/svr4/libwww.a' is up to date.
        cd src; make all CC="cc" MCFLAGS="-O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG \
                -DCURS_PERFORMANCE \
                -I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4
-DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 \
                -DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE   -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP
-DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE -DOK_PERMIT  " \
                LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl \
                  " \
                WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a" \
                SLANGLIB="-L/home/Titus/bin/lib -lslang -lm"
SLANGINC="-I/home/Titus/bin/include"
Compiling Lynx sources
        cc -O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG        -DCURS_PERFORMANCE
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4 -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0
-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE   -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE
-DOK_PERMIT   -I.. -I/home/Titu
s/bin/include -c LYUtils.c
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1196: incomplete struct/union/enum ttysize:
win
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1205: undefined struct/union member: ts_lines
UX:acomp: WARNING: "LYUtils.c", line 1207: improper member use: ts_lines
UX:acomp: ERROR: "LYUtils.c", line 1212: undefined struct/union member: ts_cols
UX:acomp: WARNING: "LYUtils.c", line 1213: improper member use: ts_cols
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
UX:make: ERROR: fatal error.
$

According to Nelson Henry Eric, it could be a missing header file that is
not present or refuses to link in. Since UnixWare is not Nelson's forte',
I'm hoping Thanh Ma can point me in the right direction, or anyone for
that matter.

These errors only appear when compiling Lynx2.6 with Slang. These have
never appeared before (but then again, my compiling attempts were never
fruitfull with the exception of Slang).

Anyone's help is appreciated! =)
Thanks,
        __