lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Is it possible...

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV Is it possible...
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 10:21:55 -0500

When using Netscape or Mosaic I notice that I am frequently, though not
always, told as pages are downloading that the software is at

XXX of YYY bytes

or a percentage, etc.

Is there anything along those lines that Lynx could provide, if it is not
able to do the downloading in a separate thread?

My preference would be to be able to tell lynx to go off and download a
.tar.gz and then continue browsing, etc. and have the download occur
'in the background'.

Similarly, as I move from web page to web page I would love someday to
be able to start looking at a page, and, in the case where the file
is horridly long or the link terribly slow, be able to move on to the
on an active link).  I suspect this case will remain a problem until we have
an updated libwww.  And that's fine.  Perhaps we will never get to
the point of supporting this.  I can live with that, as long as lynx
remains fast.
;