lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx binary distribution
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:56:52 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Subir Grewal wrote:

> If no one is exceedingly uncomfortable with this, I can begin collecting
> 2.6 binaries from people in this group and making them available.  Since I
> have ~5MB, I think I can probably make 10-15 available and replace them
> with newer ones as they become available.

I think I can also offer some space (more than I was able to before from
my web account).  Just finished building a Linux box thats gonna sit in my
providers building and whirr :>  The drive has ~100 megs free, so I should
be able to provide a bit o' space on it :>  The only disadvantage as such
is the fact that its on the wrong end of a 128K pipe, on a 166 sq mile
island...  Any comments?  I'll be dropping my binaries onto it..the one
with the first composite patch, and the latest patch set, with several
options enabled etc.  I'll also drop an updated copy of my lynx pages onto
the Linux box, as I get Apache installed and compiled. (Don't think too
much of the NCSA server)

If wanted, I'll set up a Lynx account that is ftp-able for those that want
to upload binaries.

Duncan Hill
Student of the Barbados Community College
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - I think that I think therefore I think I am.
http://www.sunbeach.net/personal/dhill/dhill.htm
http://www.sunbeach.net/personal/dhill/lynx/lynx-main.html