lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Won't find or include "slang.h" and "slcurses.h"

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Won't find or include "slang.h" and "slcurses.h"
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 17:11:00 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Jason Sizemore wrote:

> I'm currently trying to compile Lynx 2.6 with Slang but the problem is
> that it wont locate or include "slang.h" or "slcurses.h". When this error
> pops up, the line " -I/home/Titus/bin/include" is implemented and this is
> the exact location where "slang.h" and "slcurses.h" is located, but
> somehow the make refuses to see it.
>
> I've edited the top of the Makefile and defined the location of "slang.h"
> and "slcurses.h" and removed the `#' just in case. I did the same with
> the build-slang.com just in case.
>
> Any Suggestion?
>
> My system specs are as follows: (generated by "./configure" command)
>
> Host system = i386-univel-sysv4.2MP
> BSD compatible install = ./install-sh -c
>
> UnixWare 2.03

You don't say which target in the Makefile you are trying to use to build.
If it it one of the -slang targets, it may be a problem in the makefile
with not including the -I information in the call to the sub makefiles.  I
think I seem to remember having this problem when I was building with a
personal copy of slang.  If you are using a non-slang target, you will
DEFINITELY have to add the -I info in the Makefile target.  What are you
typing to make lynx?