lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Newsgroups:strange behaviour

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Newsgroups:strange behaviour
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:34:54 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Roger Hill wrote:

> Here's a nice simple example of what I'm talking about.
> >From Lynx:
>
>                     comp.sys.ibm.sys3x.misc, Articles 1-21
> XHDR message-id 1-21
> 224 Xhdr information follows
> 1 <address@hidden>
> 2 <address@hidden>
> 3 <address@hidden>
> 4 <address@hidden>
> 5 <address@hidden>
> 6 <address@hidden>
> 7 <address@hidden>
> 8 <address@hidden>
> 21 <address@hidden>

Yes, Lynx is listing the absolute article numbers in the header as you can
see from the header list.  Articles 9-20 have either expired or were
killed or for some other reason don't exist.  This is standard behavior.
Maybe what's confusing you is the fact that Lynx is displaying them with
an OL style list and the numbers before the articles don't match the
article numbers...