lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual

From: Joe Kincaid
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ and lynx manual
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 19:52:22 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996, Scott McGee wrote:

> The first thing I did towards making a Lynx FAQ is hack a simple little HTML
> file to put the questions and answers in as I found them. I have sorted out
> a couple of relavant posts, but not put together anything yet. You can view
> the proto faq html code at http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/lynxfaq.html. I
> would appreciate any feedback on this.

It's a good start, but it strikes me that your categories are too broad. :-)
I would suggest a front page listing various components of lynx or components
that lynx interacts with ("the lynx screen", "the lynx keyboard", "using lynx
on VMS", "bookmark files", etc). Items that fit in two categories ("the lynx
keyboard under VMS when viewing a bookmark file") would be linked to from
menus under each of these categories. Isn't hypertext wonderful?

> How about if you and I work together on this. I'll help ferret out the stuff
> and you can write it all up pretty, then I'll HTMLize it. Sound workable?

That would be great. Perhaps I can start by being more specific in
suggestions for the front page. I'll work on that. I'll also work on
"chapters" for the current documentation files included with the lynx
distribution.

Joe
-----
Joseph Kincaid                 |  Mathematics is the alphabet with which God
address@hidden   |  has written the universe. -- Galileo
address@hidden        |   (except he said it in Italian, of course.)

;
;