lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UnixWare - Won't compile!

From: Jason Sizemore
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 on UnixWare - Won't compile!
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 02:48:19 -0500 (EST)

This thing refuses to compile. Here are the errors I'm getting every time
I try to compile it:

UX:make:ERROR: can not load Ranlib (bu24)
UX:acomp:ERROR: "./LYCurses" line 15 can not find include file: "slang.h"
UX:acomp:ERROR: "./LYCurses" line 16 can not find include file: "SLCurses.h"

** ERROR CODE 1 **
UX:make: Fatal Error!
$

Now, I've noticed alot of MakeFiles in the subdirectories. Do those have
to be compiled seperately before I type "make unixware-slang"?? This is
for wizards! I'm close to giving up on the whole thing. It would take a
miracle for me to get this thing going even if I had a roadmap (or the
SysAdm's for that matter...)

If all the MakeFiles have to be compiled seperately, where should I start?
The biggest problem I'll have is using Giant.Net's severely outdated
version on Lynx to get the files I may lack for compilation. Their
version of Lynx is 2.3 or 4 (half the time, every URL I wish to goto can
not be accessed by this version because I get the message: "Alert! This
HyperText document not available at this time.")

Any Suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

** Jason Sizemore **
Http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/9480
E-mail: address@hidden OR address@hidden

"If you can't take the heat...turn the damn furnace down!"

;
;