lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 11:57:16 -0800

sending out notices of where to get 2.6 -- seems like a good idea.

Something like:

We're the developers and enhancers of Lynx.  Just for the fun of it,
we checked out a few heavily used www-sites to see what versions
of lynx people were using, thinking that of course most everyone
(rather, every "hit" of the site via some version of lynx) would
be via the most recent version (most features, bug-fixes, abilities
to read newer html, etc).

Surprise!  We found (to our horror) that most everyone was using
really OLD versions of lynx -- like you.  So we decided
that even if it would be unsolicited email, that we would
be doing you a service, really, by sending you this email about
how you or your administrator can get the newest version (free,
of course).

In fact, even if you can't get your administrator to find time to
install the newest lynx, YOU can do it yourself, in your OWN
area on the computer ...

etc...
;
;