lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 1996 14:01:25 -0500 (EST)

"gregory j. rosmaita" <address@hidden> wrote:
>am i way off base here?  how exactly does this work, fote/rob/al/bela/anyone?
>
>is shift-V a viable option?  couldn't it raise a multiple-bookmarks page
>which would, after all, most likely be an ordered or unordered list (i.e.
>a bookmark of bookmarks)?

        Lynx avoids case-sensitive default command key bindings.  The
exception is q/Q for a prompted QUIT versus ABORT.  Also, if you turn
VI keys ON, then those are lowercase, and uppercase H, J, K and L are
used for HELP, JUMP, KEYMAP and LIST.  If you look at the 'k'eymap,
the binding shown as only lowercase are case insensitve, otherwise the
lower and uppercase bindings of shown.

        You can configure the upper verus lowercase of any letter to
different commands in lynx.cfg.

        I guess using V for a new bookmark function and leaving v for
actually fetching and rendering a bookmark file wouldn't be too bad,
since were doing that kind of thing for q/Q, but it would be good to
keep things like that to a minumum, IMHO.

        What we really want is a GOLD key, which invokes another
LYgetch() for another set of commands, that may or may not be
related.  E.g. GOLD v or GOLD V would invoke the new bookmark
function, and v/V would still fetch and render the bookmark file.

        I've been saving tilde for use as a keyboard synonym for
GOLD, to go with the keypad PDF1 (the "traditional VTxxx GOLD key).
I've subsequently gotten the impression that tilde is a problem
character on MACs, but don't know if that's really true.

                                Fote