lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 08:44:25 -0600 (CST)

You (gregory j. rosmaita) wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote "Re: LYNX-DEV Bookmarks -
> a better idea (?)":
> > One of the things that _I_ wish for is more lynx support of multiple curses
> > windows.  We sort of have that now for scrolling lists on forms.  Perhaps
> > the bookmarks could be implemented as 'popup' windows that go away once
> > one is finished.

> pop up windows are extremely annoying to many speech-users and low-vision
> users of screen-magnification...  one of the major requests of blind and
> vi individuals who ask me to reformat poorly encoded/designed forms is to
> get rid of the damn scrolling lists...  therefore, when it comes to
> something as essential as multiple bookmarks it is essential that it be
> kept simple, plain, and painless...
> why not use shift-V?  it has the advantage of already being identified
> with the bookmark file (as in go-to-bookmark)
> so why not define shift-V as go-to-list-of-bookmark-files?

Greetings. As far as I know - lynx don't care about case. Most items
in the switch () are of the form:

case 'A':
case 'a': blah...

So, both "V" and "Shift-V" bring it up. Do you want something different?

Take care.

P.S. BTW, I hate popups. If I want to use Netscape... I will. As
you said, lists in forms are already a pain.
;
;