lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV UL Block with plain

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV UL Block with plain
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 19:07:41 -0500 (EST)

Sinan Kaan Yerli <address@hidden> wrote:
>OK. Got it. But, why is the "second line indent" applied for the rest of
>the text on the block when PLAIN in effect. Why not carry on with the
>"first line indent" or aplly "second line indent" for the whole block if
>PLAIN is in effect?

        The intent is to distinguish successive "items" in a "list".
A wrap, or overt BR, or P (which is single spaced, like BR, for ULs)
in an LI will start another line at the second line indent, and only
a new LI will start a new item at the first line indent.  I suspect
you are trying to use it as a styling mechanism for setting the left
margin, and it isn't a mechanism for that. The machanism for arbtrary
styling isn't in Lynx.  Rob is adding it, starting with colors, but
hopefully, eventually for the whole ball of wax.

                                Fote