lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Multibookmark patch

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Multibookmark patch
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 01:45:41 -0800

Drazen Kacar wrote:

> Bela Lubkin wrote:
>
> > I've modified my local version of that patch to correctly handle quotes
> > in URLs.  But I won't submit it any more.
>
> Please do. And, in case you didn't remember, escaping '&' characters is
> probably needed as well. Perhaps some other things, too.

Escaping '&' characters is already done (by LYEntify()).

I've tested it with an assortment of '"' '&' '<' '>'.  The results show
me that the current Information Page code isn't 100% immune to problems
(e.g. try making a directory called "a<b>c", cd to it, then `lynx .` to
invoke DIRED on the directory, then "=").  My current LYShowInfo.c makes
a page that has usable URLs for files with those characters in their
names.  Not all of the human-readable names are correctly escaped (needs
to call LYEntify(, TRUE) some places where it currently uses FALSE).

I don't intend to maintain this patch if it won't be incorporated into
the base code set, even for my own use.  I'll just live with existing
facilities.  So maybe we'd better just drop this.

>Bela<
;
;