lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV is lynxrp.zip working for others?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV is lynxrp.zip working for others?
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 09:25:12 +0900 (JST)

> > Had trouble compiling because of the `$(STYLE).o' line in
> > `src/Makefile'.  Adding the line `          STYLE=NCStyle'
[...]
> Which platform was this on?  This sounds like a serious problem with

sunos4.1.3/ncurses-1.9.9e/gcc-2.7.2

The make hangs on the line `lex  -t  > .c'.  I guess it's not picking
up on the $(STYLE).

> > already. The only thing I feel a need for is compatability with
> > doing a plain slang make with the character styles for ncurses
[...]
> Well, if you like the vanilla slang colour, then stick with that.  I prefer

I was actually thinking more in terms of keeping lynx small, i.e., a sort
of compromise.  How can I say this, for people who need by-style color,
give them that option with ncurses, for people who prefer global color,
give them that option with slang.

To change the subject, _IF_ I were to try my hand at a hack to get colors
#3 and #7 (in lynx.cfg) to respond to certain kinds of mark-up in a
slang-linked lynx, what file(s) would I need to look at?  Or would I have
to hack a for-lynx slang?  Klaus, would you have ideas on this?

__Henry
;
;