lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Fatal error Lynx Ver. 2.6

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Fatal error Lynx Ver. 2.6
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:19:16 +0100 (MET)

Michael Lerperger wrote:

> Exiting via interrupt: 0
> Unaligned access pid=3284 <lynx> va=74736f686c61636f pc=120015cd0 ra=120015cf8
> type=stq
  ^^^^^^^^

> OS: OSF1v4.0
> COMPILER: default entry for "osf" in the top level Makefile:

I've never worked on OSF, but this stq looks like "store quadruple" instruction.
On most RISCs instructions of this type will try to store 8 byte entity to
memory, but the alignment is important. The address must be on 8 byte boundary.
If this is the reason, than it's a big bug in Lynx.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden
address@hidden