lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV crashes from within screen

From: David Henderson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV crashes from within screen
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:41:37 -0600

>                      LYNX-DEV crashes from within screen
>   Mike Teague (address@hidden)
>   Sun, 27 Oct 1996 10:27:14 -0800 (PST)

>I run screen sometimes, and just noticed that lynx apparently does not
>like it... From within screen, lynx will load, the homepage (a local
>file) will load, and it will crash:

One thing you might try is:

   lynx -term=vt100

Screen usually uses the "screen" termtype, and if there's something
wrong with your termcap or terminfo or whatever your system uses, it
could cause problems with lynx.  There's one system at bradley.edu
that has a weird "screen" termtype definition that makes bold,
underlined, and everything look else exactly the same.

Even if your terminal itself is not vt100, screen will translate it
to whatever it is.

David Henderson, N9LVI
--
E-mail: address@hidden | http://www.bradley.edu/campusorg/psiphi/
Founder of the AAAAAAAAAAAA -- An  |      For the latest info and rumors