lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV inews compilation error

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV inews compilation error
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 03:25:40 GMT

> >gcc -Wall -O -DFOR_NN -I.. -I../conf  -c  clientlib.c
> >In file included from clientlib.c:14:
> >In file included from clientlib.c:25:
> >/usr/include/sys/socket.h:143: parse error before `u_short'
> >/usr/include/sys/socket.h:143: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
> >union
> >/usr/include/sys/socket.h:145: parse error before `}'
>
>       Did you edit any of the inews configuration files, and perhaps
> have a typo which somehow is carrying forward and affecting the
> parsing of <sys/socket.h>?

I made some very minor changes to conf.h; only a few #defines were
changed, and those all look OK.  If anyone knows of any tricks
(validating parsers? (-: ) for C include trees, I would greatly
appreciate advice.  I can mail files to anyone silly enough to want
them, but don't want to clutter the list.

TIA,
Chris
--
<!NOTATION SGML.Geek PUBLIC "-//GCA//NOTATION SGML Geek//EN">
<!ENTITY crism PUBLIC "-//EBT//NONSGML Christopher R. Maden//EN" SYSTEM