lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 22:31:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Rob,

Here's a page I threw up that's quite basic but contains links to the most
significant resources pertaining to Lynx.  As soon as you put it up, I'm
going to send mail to Yahoo to add it to the Lynx page they have there
since I really think it would be a good idea to have this serve as a
central repository for Lynx information.  I hope everyone's comfortable
with that.  I'm also going to write Yahoo about changing a few things in
the page they have up on Lynx.  BTW, lynx.browser.org already occupies a
prominent position in the Lynx Enhanced Pages.

<!doctype HTML public "-//W3O//DTD W3 HTML 3.0//EN">
<head>
<!-- OWNER_NAME="Lynx Developers" -->
<META name=description content="Repository and Index of Information
resources about the Lynx browser for the World Wide Web">
<META name=keywords content="Lynx, browser, www, text-browsers, index">
<LINK rev=made href="mailto:address@hidden";>
<title>Lynx Information</title>
</head>

<h1 align=center>Lynx</h1>

The latest release of Lynx is version 2.6, which incorporates many
features intended to adapt Lynx to the mutable Web.  Lynx 2.6 implements
fully HTML 2.0, 3.0, 3.2 (Wylbur) and HTTP 1.0; it marks a beginning
towards compliance with HTTP 1.1.  More information about Lynx is
available from the following sites:

<ul>
the Lynx Developers mailing list.
<li><a
href="http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/Als_picks.html";>Al
Gilman's Lynx FAQ</a>
<li><a href="http://www.nyu.edu/pages/wsn/subir/lynx.html";>Lynx Enhanced
Pages</a> information about Lynx and writing for Lynx users.
<li><a
href="http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/World_Wide_Web/Browsers/Lynx/";>Yahoo's
Lynx page</a>
<li><a href="http://www.cc.ukans.edu/about_lynx/about_lynx.html";>The
About Lynx page at the University of Kansas</a> (may be out of date)
</ul>

<hr>

;
;