lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?

From: David Trueman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV don't give a damn?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 12:24:44 -0300

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Carl Reimann wrote:

> Perhaps we should make it a netiquette issue. Nearly everybody feels
> strongly that mailing lists should not be spammed.

An idea that has come up locally is to have a function built in to lynx
and bound (at least optionally) to a single keystroke that would allow
any user to generate a comment on the current URL (directed at doc owner
if known, but at address@hidden if not) that would politely
discuss the importance of usability through lynx with references to URLs
explaining the issue further.

Any site could compile in this feature and advertise it to their users
if they wished to be "activists" in this area.

If there is come level of agreement with this, I will see about getting
it implemented and distributed to this list.

  David Trueman,
    Systems Manager, Dalhousie Math, Stats and Computing Science
    Technical Chair, Chebucto Community Net

;
;