lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV go UP page off of textarea in form

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV go UP page off of textarea in form
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 20:41:44 +0900 (JST)

Probably best to give a final report on this old thread.

The sicks keys above the arrow keys being `dead' was a function
of my telnet client.  Now that I have `TeraTerm', the keys have
started working :-).

The six keys above the arrow keys on my machine appear to send:
     Insert: ^[[2~     Home: ^[[4~     PageUp  : ^[[5~
     Delete: ^[[3~     End : ^[[1~     PageDown: ^[[6~
(Thanks Ed Doolittle: http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/9608/0409.html).

I have gotten Home and End to take me to the top and bottom of
the current document by uncommenting and modifying the lines:
KEYMAP:0x10B:HOME         # Go to top of current document
KEYMAP:0x10A:END          # Go to bottom of current document
in lynx.dev.  You may notice this is the exact opposite of the
mappings in the distributed lynx.cfg.  No problem with that.  It's
a great feeling to have lynx work the way it's supposed to.  PageUp
also works, i.e., it takes me to the top of a form document even
if I am on a fill-in field.

When I started this thread actually I was asking for something exactly
the opposite of TAB, the ability to go up one field at a time, rather
than jump to the top of the document.  Is this impossible to do because
as Fote said "All of the neutral control keys already are mapped to
editing functions"?  (http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/9608/0425.html)

So I guess the lesson is to keep looking for a better ppp or telnet
or whatever, rather than fight with remappings.

__Henry
;
;