lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] sys_arch_mbox_fetch() implementation for FreeRTOS

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] sys_arch_mbox_fetch() implementation for FreeRTOS
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:40:17 -0000 (UTC)

On 2022-06-21, massimiliano cialdi via lwip-users <lwip-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> the setsockopt(SO_RCVTIMEO) POSIX call contemplates the possibility
> of imposing 0 as the 'timeout' parameter, and in that case that
> socket becomes non-blocking (See, for example,
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49706883/disable-socket-timeout-via-setsockopt).

I don't see anywhere on that page where is says that a timeout of zero
makes it non-blocking.

What it says is "If the timeout is set to zero (the default) then the
operation will never timeout."

That does not mean the operation will always immediately return
(non-blocking).

That means the operation will block forever (there will be no timeout)
until it completes completes.

--
Grant