lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Requirement that sys_thread_t is integer (or pointer)?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Requirement that sys_thread_t is integer (or pointer)?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:28:57 -0000 (UTC)

On 2021-11-15, Ajay Bhargav via lwip-users <lwip-users@nongnu.org> wrote:

> You can define it as integer or pointer based on your system.

Yes, I know I can.

I want to know if it is _required_ to be an integer or pointer.

> Its definately not a structure.

It definitely is a structure in the freeRTOS port which I was told was
a good example to look at when the documentation proved to be
incomplete

Here's the current stable contrib freeRTOS port:

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git/tree/ports/freertos/include/arch/sys_arch.h?h=STABLE-2_1_0_RELEASE

lines 81-83:

    struct _sys_thread {
      void *thread_handle;
    };
    typedef struct _sys_thread sys_thread_t;

And here's where that's used

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git/tree/ports/freertos/sys_arch.c?h=STABLE-2_1_0_RELEASE

lines 463-485:

    sys_thread_t
    sys_thread_new(const char *name, lwip_thread_fn thread, void *arg, int
stacksize, int prio)
    {
      sys_thread_t lwip_thread;
      lwip_thread.thread_handle = rtos_task;
      return lwip_thread;
    }

The types sys_sem_t and sys_mbox_t are also similar structures.

--
Grant