lwip-users

[lwip-users] WS_send data pointer

From: Jonathan Vervaeke
Subject: [lwip-users] WS_send data pointer
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 08:10:09 +0000

Hello,
Using LwIP stack, shipped with the NXP SDK on a imxrt1062 SoM.
in httpsrv_ws_api.c, the WS_send function is defined, which passes a datapointer (from the context parameter), via a message system (sys_mbox_post), to the api_queue.

I wonder how to guarantee that the pointer is still valid after sending a message via WS_send. Now, my data is placed on the stack just before calling WS_send, but since the function returns (possibly) before using the data, I'm very unsure on how to implement this.

Do you have feedback on this issue?
Much appreciated,
Jonathan.