lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How do I receive UDP packets with unconfigred IP addres

From: Indan Zupancic
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How do I receive UDP packets with unconfigred IP address.
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 13:32:22 +0100

On 2021-01-21 11:58, Rogier Wolff wrote:
On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 10:37:52AM +0100, Indan Zupancic wrote:
You probably also have to call ip_set_option(pcb, SOF_BROADCAST);
and of course tell lwIP that the network interface is up.

The "upping" of the interface, I think that happens inside the call:

I meant a call to netif_set_link_up().

Looking at the code it seems you have to call netif_set_up() too,
but with 0.0.0.0 IP address till you have a real one.

You also need to set the NETIF_FLAG_BROADCAST flag for your interface.

Greetings,

Indan