lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] HTTPD p->payload PBUF not being cleared

From: Mário Luzeiro
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] HTTPD p->payload PBUF not being cleared
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 20:37:38 +0000

Hi Ray,

Thanks to your email I believe I fixed the bug in my project!
I just added the pbuf_free as mention in
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2020-02/msg00025.html

>From what it is on the documentation:
http://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__httpd.html#ga461409c8813c2a82ba63fde987c0e537
"ATTENTION: The application is responsible for freeing the pbufs passed in!"
I think it meant to not be fixed.

On the post you mention, what I think Simon refers is that an example in the
sourcecode is missing that free, not the library itself.

On relation to your payload, I'm not sure about it.
"data clear" is not the same as "memory free'ed" it can be free but it is not
zeroing it.
Unless what you describe is something else?

Regards,
Mario