lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Elevating existing connection to TLS

From: Josh McAtee
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Elevating existing connection to TLS
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 12:44:59 -0700

Here is my understanding so far.

With an existing, open connection, I can call 'altcp_tls_wrap'. This seems to work fine.

Then when I attempt to write data after that, it fails because 'altcp_mbedtls_write' checks if the handshake is done, which it is not.

The handshake is triggered when connecting (from what I can tell) but since the connection already exists, the handshake doesn't occur.

Does this mean I need to modify 'altcp_mbedtls_write' to handshake as well, instead of returning ERR_VAL upon seeing handshake not done? Is this the correct way to approach this?

Thanks.