lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] SNMP V3 Traps / SNMP Manager

From: Indan Zupancic
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] SNMP V3 Traps / SNMP Manager
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:45:57 +0200

Hello,

MEP's SNMP Manager patch is submitted at:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?9927

Main changes in existing code are to fix bad assumptions when the
code is used for both agent and manager, especially with V3. All this
also applies to V3 trap support.  After this patch trap support is maybe
better implemented using snmp_manager.c's code instead of the current
trap code. The differences between the common code between agent,
manager and traps might be small enough that it is worthwhile to unify
them into a separate file used by all, which would almost automatically
bring v3 support to traps.

It is very important for us that everything should be supported at the same
time: Agent, manager and traps. Currently there is no context object passed
to all SNMP functions, that would make it simpler for common code to know
how to behave.

Best regards,

Indan Zupancic

TT Vasumweg 150  |  1033 SH Amsterdam  |  The Netherlands
Phone: + 31 [0]20 482 56 32  |   Fax: + 31 [0]20 482 00 77  |  Email:
address@hidden